top of page


If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. Here are some of the questions we here the most.

What is all needed to be able to purchase a Firearm?

-You will need a Valid California State ID or Drivers License. (Real ID Yes? No?, If not then we will need a valid passport/passport card or certified copy of your birth certificate. We will need both your ID and additional document in order to start paperwork.

-Valid FSC Card or valid exemption (CCW Card, Active LEO, Military ID, etc.)

-Valid proof of residence indicating your name and current address. (Vehicle registration, Utility Bill *Electric ,Water ,Cable*; Fishing License)

*If address if not current on your ID/DL then we will need a government issued document stating your name and valid address* Examples-Current Property tax, Current state issued license/permit, etc.

What's included in your fees?

Our fees include range time with our instructors, targets, ear and eye protection, as well as bench time to talk about the firearms and how to use/clean/handle them. The All inclusive class includes range fees, gun rental and 100 rounds of ammunition. Basic classes do not include guns, ammo or range fees.

What's the difference between the basic and all inclusive classes?

The basic classes only includes targets, ear and eye protection and the time with an instructor. They don't include range fees, guns or ammo(see for pricing).

What range do teach at?

You can find us at FT3 in Stanton

Where are you located?

Our physical store is in Fullerton CA .

Are you certified as a firearms instructor?

Our main instructors, Dave and Stephanie Anderson are NRA certified instructors with Pistol disciplines. (see certifications here). Dave is also a Army Marksmanship Master Trainer.

Can you sell me a gun?

ShootSoCal Firearms & Training Federal Licensed Firearms dealer.  Visit for our store.

I don't have a gun, is that OK?

Yes, that's OK. Our instructors will have firearms with them at the range available to rent.

Do you teach kids?

Absolutely, we can teach children to shoot as long as their parent or legal guardian is present

Do I get certified?

Usually no. we do not usually issue certificates for our regular marksmanship classes. However, pending on requirement, we can issue certificates in most instances. Please let us know ahead of time.

What Caliber do you recommend?

We recommend 9mm for most of our students. Many instructors will insist .22LR is best for women, however in our experience, gender does not dictate what caliber a shooter will do best with. Period. 

bottom of page